Who likes to win things? You? I thought so!
Many of you may, or may not, know that I am going to the Philippines for 2 and 1/2 months this fall. I’m going to learn more midwifery and to volunteer. I’m going to be at Shiphrah Birthing Home, a birth center in Manila that serves disadvantaged families. They do all kinds of cool things, generally work to empower people and provide quality maternal care.
To raise money for this trip, I’m doing several things. First, I started this IndieGoGo campaign. There are some great perks for contributing, so go check it out. I’ll be putting up a video in the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned to the page to learn more. After you’ve contributed, share it on your Facebook and Twitter. The more people see it, the better!
The second thing I’m doing is a raffle for folks who live in the Twin Cities. Some really amazing folks have contributed some really amazing prizes. Tickets are $5 each. Raffle will be held Saturday 9/1. Here is the list:
- A gift certificate to Megan Crown Photography!
- An Initial Acupuncture Treatment from Family Tree Acupuncture
- A Nutritional Package from North Star Midwifery, including a multivitamin, calcium/magnesium, vitamin D, Floradix Iron + Herbs, a probiotic, Nordic Naturals fish oil, and a nutritive tea.
- A set of cloth diapers
- 3 hand knitted wool diaper covers
- A hand knitted wool tote bag
- 4 hours of Postpartum Doula care from Jaqxun Darlin
- 4 hours of Yard and Garden care from Les Macare
- A 5 class pass from Baby Love for their Dancing for Birth classes
- A Grow-Your-Own-Salad bowl
These are some awesome prizes, right?! Plus, there are so many that you have a really good chance of actually winning something. Tickets are $5 each, and all proceeds go to benefit my trip the the Philippines, including directly supporting the birth center. You can buy tickets from me directly (email me if you want to buy tickets online or via snail mail), at Eastern Shore Natural Health in Minneapolis, or at North Star Midwifery in St. Paul. There will be more locations to come, so stay tuned.
Drawing will be held Saturday, August 25th at a really awesome potluck/party that will also be a benefit. More on this to come.
So, buy a raffle ticket! Contribute to my indiegogo campaign! Help me fulfill my dreams of becoming a culturally aware midwife AND get some really cool stuff! Yay!